Super slack

Wow, I've been super dooper slack. I think I've been too busy recently to log on and think of something to add.  I guess I can talk about what I've been up to though... here goes.

The Australian Oprah shows screened here last week, so I of course had to watch all four of them - they were really just one big ad for our beautiful country but that's ok with me.  It just confirms that I am living in the best country in the world.  :)

The only thing we noticed that was cut out of what we saw of the show filming was when Russell Crowe started to go on about his Rabbitoh's and he named all the guys. They very cleverly cut that bit out.

I went to the movies the weekend before last and saw "Morning Glory".  I actually really liked it, although I know some of my friends didn't think it was that great.  I also saw "The Kings Speech" which was also really good in a completely different way.  That movie was followed by cake, coffee and conversation with some good friends, so that was extra special!

Last weekend we helped my sister nest for the impending arrival of her second baby.  It's all very exciting and scary at the same time, but we can't wait to meet it - or for 'it' to be known as a 'he' or a 'she'!! ;) 

I also caught up with some very old friends from my first ever grown up job!  We went out for dinner and watched a brilliant electrical storm through the restaurant window.

The other thing keeping me extremely busy is my uncontrollable obsession with my family history.  It's consuming much of my waking hours and even the non waking ones.  I have tracked down 3 sets of Great, Great, Great, Great Grandparent's arrival to Australia - 1838, 1841 and 1847.... none of them were convicts - they were all "unassisted" arrivals so they came out here on their own.  I am completely intrigued with these people.... I only have names and dates and places they lived, but I feel like I know them... and I guess there is a small part of them in me.  This is a link to one of the boats that came out from Germany with my ancestors.  It includes the passenger list, a photo of the ship and even a diary of events.

Hopefully soon I will get some leads on Dad's side of the family soon. 

Just thinking, this is the first time I haven't included at least one photo in a post, so I've just looked for a random one... this is the picture I have hanging in my bathroom.

Enjoy your week, and don't forget to celebrate Australia Day... 26th January (especially those honorary Aussies living in the US/Canada and the UK - you know who you are!!) x 

Comments