Def Leppard

Last month I went to my second Def Leppard concert (I know, how lucky to have been able to see them once let alone twice!).  The first one was a couple of years ago, also at the AIS.  Last time they had Cheap Trick supporting them, which I was pretty excited about - Cheap Trick are awesome and they have a stack of great songs.  This time, the boys were supported by The Choirboys and Heart!!!!  Both times I went with my pastor and his lovely wife who are quite possibly bigger fans than me.

The Choirboys are a classic Aussie rock band who had a few good hits in the 80's.  My strongest memory of them is when I was living in the house I grew up in, the boys up the back used to crank their song "Run to Paradise" up so loud and play it over and over and over.  I didn't realise at the time, but it would only be a few more years before I would start doing the same with some of the music I loved, but I still wasn't a teenager at that point.
Heart was up next.  Those girls are amazing.  They have some of the coolest rock and power ballads.  They said it was their first time in Australia - I am just so happy I got to see them perform.

Ann Wilson belting out Alone.

And Nancy singing These Dreams.  *Sigh*

Some exited fans, waiting for the boys to take to the stage.

There was no disapointments!!  They sang all my favourites including Love Bites, Pour Some Sugar on Me, Hysteria, Let's get Rocked, Two Steps Behind, Rock of Ages and....

Rocket, yeah!
Joe Elliott and Rick Savage.

A close up of the guys.

And finally an encore.  Come back soon!!!





PS. 11:11 on the 11th of the 11th 2011!!!!!!

Comments