Hot air balloon baby mobile



 This is the hot air balloon baby mobile I made to go above my baby's cot.


It all started with this jelly roll. I bought it years ago and with the baby coming, I thought it might be nice to crack it open and try and make something with it for the baby.

I think I might have seen some similar balloons on Pinterest so thought I'd have a crack. I designed a template first which had 6 panel pieces per balloon. Once I had a shape and size, I cut out pieces to make the final 4 balloons (the size was really limited by the width of the jelly rolls - but I think they worked out to be a good size).



I bought the plastic mobile holder from eBay for under $10 delivered which was a steal because it also has a wind up that makes the balloons spin and plays a lullaby.


Then I just used some felt to make little baskets and tied it all together with some skinny ribbon.


This one got some flag embelishments to tizzy it up a bit.


You might be able to see in the background of the above, I also made some little clouds with fluffy/fleecy white fabric. Everything got stuffed with padding and strung up onto the mobile stand with string.

Due to her love of climbing, Zara ended up in a toddler bed before her 1st bithday... but I'm pleased to say this mobile is still completely in tact.



Comments