Baby clothes quilt

The finished baby clothes quilt!!

I've probably been thinking about making this quilt from the time my sweet baby girl first grew out of some of her tiny newborn clothing and I just couldn't possibly part with them. Don't get me wrong, I gave a lot of her clothes away, but there were some that were just too special.

And so the hoarding began.  It was only during covid that I've been cleaning up and found the stash of special baby clothes and thought perhaps it was time to make the quilt happen.

I have to admit, it was very hard to cut them up. I ended up deciding on squares because most items could make at least one or two decent sized squares.

Where I could I tried to capture the interesting parts of the outfit... the embellishments and the featured part of the top, dress or jumpsuit.

I can't believe I haven't yet done a post this year. Finishing the quilt through really motivated me to post something.  I thought I'd try and find a photo of Z in some of the outfits. Sorry the quilt photos are not so great - I guess they are good enough to get the gist!

Gorgeous little ballet bunny jumpsuit. This came from BabysRUs - I bought heaps of clothes for Z there as they were so cute and very well made.

Guess How Much I Love You jumpsuit. 😍

This sweet little number came from my generous friend in the UK. I just had to add a tiny pocket to the quilt!


Another one from my dear friend in the UK. Not only were these jumpsuits so adorably sweet, they were as soft and I'm sure extremely comfortable.


The most gorgeous little dress from a good friend. It was even more special as Z was wearing this when we somehow managed to get everyone on mum's side of the family together at once. Z is in a photo with my nan and all her great grandchildren!! Very special.


One of my very long term friends gave this jumpsuit to Z. We went to High School, College, Business College and then worked together and still keep in touch.  Z wore this the first time she experienced the beach... my little beach bunny! 🐰

Wasn't sure how to add this, but think it turned out pretty cute.



How could I not add this teeny pocket?!?



Z received this t-shirt from some beautiful friends in the US. She wore it while we were on holidays with the cousins at Port Macquarie... fittingly this was taken on 4 July 2017. 

The Beach Makes Me Happy - Noosa Australia!  Purchased on her first visit up to see our friends in Noosa. Unfortunately the square wasn't big enough to capture the whole picture, but it's still a great reminder.

Cute Little Owl!  I was given this little PJ set by a work friend before Z was born. I remember thinking it was so big and it would be ages before she'd be big enough to wear it... boy it came around fast!!  I managed to use the top and also got a few squares out of the cute little pants.

I loved this little top. She was wearing this top on my first Mother's Day... the day she decided to walk for the first time! This photo was taken a week or so later as her 11 month old shot! 


Sweet baby turtle t-shirt 🐢

I loved these little pants with the ruffles on the bottom so much, I think she had about eight of them all up! They were also BabysRUs branded clothes. I managed to include two pairs of bottom ruffles on the quilt!!

Finally - my beautiful grown up baby girl, wrapped in her new quilt that I hope we both treasure for many years to come!

I still have heaps of squares I haven't featured here and of course millions of baby photos I could share, but you get the idea!  I hope you like the quilt and enjoyed hearing my memories and what made each of them so special.

Hope everyone is doing okay.











Comments