An interesting two weeks off

It feels like my two weeks off have just flown, and I can't believe tomorrow it's back to work again already!!!  Since my last post, I also got the tummy bug. I dislike vomiting more than anything.  And it really had me knocked out for 3 solid days.  To make matters worse, my nan and aunty arrived to spend some time with the baby, and I didn't get to see them that much for those days and the baby didn't visit until they were sure I was over the bug.

To make matters worse, our plumbing went!  We had to have part of the front garden excavated so they could get to the drain, and in between the digging and the fixing there was a big rain shower which filled up the hole causing more headaches.  Anyway, $2,670 later, it seems to be fixed, but we still have a big muddy mess at the front.

On the bright side, I did recover in time to spend some quality time with my nan and aunty.  Last night I went to The Sapphires show.  It was a great night with some lovely girls.  First we had a delicious dinner (and amazing dessert), then after fighting the millions of others who had decided to go to the Multicultural Festival in the city for a car park (I seriously don't know where the millions came from, but trust me, they were there).  The girls were amazing - Casey Donovan was superb.  Then as we were leaving the show, we saw Tom Long!!  I was a little excited about that. :)

Some pictures of us and our desserts!!



Comments