Another new little person joins the world!!!!

Things have been really crazy around here.  We went up to the coast again this weekend.  This time it was to introduce little Ethan to the rest of the family who hadn't met him yet.  It's also a week away from mum's birthday and family is really important to her, so we wanted to have a cake to celebrate with her.

Anyway, it was go go go the whole time.  I've been really looking forward to doing a post on this little birth sampler cross stitch I made some lovely friends over in the USA.  I was thrilled to get the message that they had received it on the weekend as I didn't want to post this until I was sure it had gotten there in one piece.

I bought the little Tatty Teddy Bear and wanted to make a cross stitch to go with it similar to the one I made for little Sam.  This time though, I couldn't get the chart to work very effectively with my chart maker, so I asked one of my fellow cross stitching friends if she would have a chart of a Tatty Teddy.... She invited me over to her house (which by the way is a crossstichers dream!!!)  She has a whole wall of stitching magazines and we very happily lost track of time as we were going through them all.

After I had the pattern I tried to get the colours the pattern recommended, but when I went to Lincraft to get them, they only had DMC and not Anchor and the young girl there (although trying to be helpful) gave me the wrong equivalent colours, so that was a little disappointing, but I think the end result is still very nice and I know it's got to be exciting for a parent to see their little ones name on something they can keep like this.


Anyway, I am just so happy for these friends - the parents, grandparents, uncles and aunties because I know how awesome little people are and how much fun and joy they can bring.  My advice is to enjoy every single moment cause it goes way too fast.


Lots of love to my family at the coast and in the USA!!!

Comments