Mothers Day High Tea

I know it has been over a month since Mothers Day. I am very slack with uploading stuff these days.  But I did make a bit of an attempt to do a nice morning tea for mum and my sister who are both pretty darn good mothers.

I made some delicious lemonade scones with jam and cream, had yummy brewed tea and some yummy chocolates.

If you look hard enough in the top left corner of the above photo, you can see a photo taken at a mothers day... possibly about 10 years earlier in which my sister and I did a similar tea party with all the best china for mum.  We had to take that photo with a tripod!
 

I did use my good tea cups for this one, they are all different.  But I also have some very cute melamine plates which I got out for the kids to use.  They also had cute little expresso cups and I made them some warm frothy milk.

The melamine plates were from two different places, but they strangely go really well together.  I got the two floral ones from one of my favourite places on earth, Cath Kidston when I was in the UK.  And the others are blue plaid melamine with a very cute edge - Australian House and Garden from Myer.

The kids were just on their best behaviour, so not only was it yummy, but it was also enjoyable as they were sitting up and being so good... it's almost like they knew it was a bit special.


Comments