Baby shower

Happy first of Feb! I've again worked backwards haven't I? I possibly should have put the photos of the baby shower before the pictures of my memento of the day, but oh well.

I made a stack of food for the day and some of my friends made some delicious treats too.  I had gestational diabetes at the end of my pregnancy (just to add to the saga), so I ate about 3 things the whole day and all of them were vegetables. We did save some things - quite a few of the cakes actually - they freeze well so I was able to try them after the baby was born - and they were yum!
I loved all the colours. I did some like the above, and I also did some with different types of toppers (see below). I knew I was having a girl, but I wanted to include teal along with pink and purple in the colour scheme.



It wasn't just cakes, there were cheese platers, chips and fruit and veg and lots and lots of oven food (not displayed). Vegetables were about the only thing I could really eat without guilt, so it was very nice to have so much option.





Lastly, the incredible pile of books I was given by everyone. I had a rhyme on the invitation that went:
One small request that isn't too hard
Please bring a signed book instead of a card
Whether it's Blyton or Seuss, Roald Dahl or Mem Fox
Your name and short note, will knock off our socks.
Your book can be cherished, well-loved or brand new
And each time it's read, we'll be thinking of you!
Looking at them now, there are many that we've already read over and over so many times we could almost recite them without looking! And definitely the most special thing is when Zara knows who bought them for her because she also wants me to read the names in the start of the book.  So special.
In addition to being spoilt with books, my thoughtful Aunty made and sent us the most gorgeous and perfectly themed baby quilt.
She made the squares on her embroidery machine. I love the beautiful glittery fabric she used in the applique and that she managed to find the awesome Dr Seuss fabric for the outer edge.


Enjoy the last month of summer (in Australia)!!



Comments